Vehicle Concept Development
Continental Engineering Services (CES) is your partner for the development of new vehicle concepts. Starting from a clean sheet of paper we can support you for a wide range of different applications and powertrain topologies; from two-wheelers up to commercial vehicles; from hybrid drivetrains to battery electric vehicles including fuel cell applications.
Based on your high-level vehicle targets (e. g. top speed, range, acceleration, gradeability) we define suitable vehicle concepts and create a comparison matrix in order to identify the best fitting holistic concept and the best suitable combination of components to achieve your vehicle requirements.
In our approach we split the concept development in the following phases:
- Vehicle requirements
- System level requirements
- Powertrain concept
- Battery concept
- Charging concept
- Packaging concept
- Recuperative braking concept
- Homologation requirements
- Powertrain functional safety concept
- Definition of components
- Electrical architecture: High Voltage, Low Voltage, Communication
- Thermal system
- Competitor analysis
- Efficiency analysis’s and optimization
(e. g. aerodynamic, rolling resistance, component performance, thermal architecture, operation strategy)
- Basic vehicle control functions
- Thermal control
- Mechanical design: packaging, damping, frames
- Wiring harness: High Voltage, Low Voltage, Communication
- Vehicle software interface: communication and CAN-network
Identification of best suitable EV concepts based on high-level vehicle targets and boundary conditions
- Analyse and process OEM, market, safety and security requirements
- Define suitable vehicle architecture and powertrain topology incl. thermal and charging systems
- Comparison of defined vehicle concept and identification of the best holistic system setup with consideration of available components (off the shelf) and components to be developed specific for the vehicle project
- As central communication interface and responsible for the overall system we establish contact and manage possible component suppliers of the system
- One central communication interface and responsible for the overall system. We manage multiple third party supplier so you can stay focussed.
- Best possible xEV setup based on your requirements and our long-term experience
- Access to Continental, CES and 3rd party product portfolio
- Large database of Continental, CES and 3rd party components available
- High development efficiency and optimized development times through standardised processes which can be applied to your development programm and a strong simulation environment
Tel: +49 911 217 744 703
High voltage cable assemblies
Our configuration team has the capability to design, manufacture, test and integrate high voltage cable assemblies according to individual customer specifications and requirements. Continental Engineering Services (CES) can provide single prototype products through to small series production.
Continental Engineering Services offer customers a complete range of tested and field proven electrification components, optimized to your needs.
Vehicle Integration & Prototype Workshops
Continental Engineering Services combines Software with Hardware, Components to Systems to integrate everything into an overall vehicle concept. Our main focus is the combination of mechanical, electrical, and software requirements to realize the best functionality as well as the most efficient and powerful vehicle system.