Posted 1 year ago
For our growing Continental Engineering Services – Interior team we are looking for Optical Engineer for HUDs.
Electronic Control Units:
- Connectivity applications;
- Telematic Units;
- Head-up Displays;
- Multimedia Applications;
- Haptic Control;
- Comfort Control;
- Definition and the design of optical tolerance estimations;
- Detailed design of geometrical HUD optics;
- Responsible for the calculation of optical performance chains including the visible performance;
- Responsible for the definition and the design of optical tolerance estimations;
- Responsible for the transfer of theoretical optical requirements into the mechanical;
- Supporting the buildup of real parts and components;
- Participation and input to project teams;
- Representing the engineered optics to customers worldwide in the name of the project;
- Serve as technical expert to guide customer team with technical decisions;
- Comply with Continental procedures.
- Designing and simulate the optical modules for Head Up Displays;
- Assist the mechanical engineer with the packaging of the HUD optics in the space defined by the customer;
- Performing optical measurements on all samples and provide a measurement report;
- Investigate the optical failures or deviations in series production;
- Support of customer centers in above professional disciplines;
- Participation and input to project teams.
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
- Degree in Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline;
- Engineer of optical technologies, especially for lenses and/or mirror optics;
- Experience in the application of Zemax;
- Programming experience in one high-level language (C, C++) and/or MatLab – Simulink;
- Professional guidance of external suppliers supporting own products.
- High level of self initiative, ability to plan and execute many tasks in parallel;
- Strong technical competency and problem solving skills;
- Effective communication skills responsible for complete and unambiguous communications, interpersonal, negotiation, and presentation skills;
- High willingness to learn the special challenges of HUD system design;
- Professional guidance of external suppliers supporting own products;
- High communicational skills to work inside an interdisciplinary team;
- Advanced English – speaking and writing level;
- German Language – It is an advantage.
What we offer
- Integration Program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
- Competitive Salaries (based on performance) & Benefits;
- Health & Wellness (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
- International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
- Relocation Package for non-Timisoara Residents.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
|Job Category||For Professionals|