Posted 3 months ago
Continental Engineering Services (CES) is seeking for an AUTOSAR Software Engineer. As an AUTOSAR software developer for automotive applications you will be integral part of a global and diverse team for the next generation of vehicles. Our engineer will be responsible for software decisions, analyze requirements, configure BSW (Basic Software), integrate 3rd party AUTOSAR or legacy modules, assist customer in resolving configuration errors, design software architecture, maintenance of different AUTOSAR components and many other specific applications for projects within the Chassis & Safety division such as:
- Advanced Electronic Brake Systems: our engineers work with Continental’s advances brake unit to maintain, and develop solutions that are benchmark in the industry such as Antilock braking, traction and stability control, regenerative braking to enhance electric and hybrid vehicles cruising range, supporting ADAS functions to brake autonomously the vehicle in emergency situations, etc.
- Automated Driver Assistance Systems: with the help of our advanced environment sensors, lidars, cameras and radars our software engineer contribute to provide solutions for driver assistance and automated driving functions such as blind spot detection, driver monitoring, emergency break assist, intelligent headlight assist, surround views, etc.
- Active Damping Control Systems: CES engineers requires to work with state-of-the-art technologies with AUTOSAR architecture to solve the conflicts that exist between optimal riding comfort and agile handling by creating software to adjust damping force on every wheel depending load and driving conditions.
- Airbag Controllers and other safety solutions: our engineer also focus in occupant protections such airbag controller, adapting platform to customer needs and government regulations, the design of software with impressive quality is required in these products to make sure our software saves lives when accident occur.
Our AUTOSAR Software engineers share common goals to drive and contribute to the automotive industry with the goal to protect all people inside and outside the vehicle, to innovate in mobility solutions, and ultimately, achieve Continental’s Vision Zero: zero fatalities, zero injuries, zero accidents.
- AUTOSAR Software development tasks
- Gather and analyze OEMs Software Requirements
- Perform software testing to detect functional, logic or implementation errors
- Configure BSW (Basic Software) according with OEMs requirements
- Integrate 3rd party AUTOSAR or legacy modules with different AutoCore tools (e.g. EB Tressos, Davinci, etc.)
- Analyze customer bug reports and provide solutions
- Work with diverse teams
- Estimate work package efforts. Evaluate the impact of engineering modifications in the software.
- Coach/support team members
- Flexibility to work in variety of different automotive projects
- Software Project Technical Lead tasks
- Support technical discussions with customer
- Support/Test the developed modules in the vehicle
- Support requirements engineering and elicitation processes
- Perform unit testing and software debugging
- Assistance with other tasks as needed and determined by Management
- Documentation of detail software development plan, test plans, test design, analysis, computer modeling, prototype/production test scripts and specification releases
- Define strategies to continuously improve processes and tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in e.g. Electronics, Computer Science, Mechatronics or equivalent
- 3-8 years of experience in AUTOSAR Software Development activities
- Good knowledge in embedded software development environments and tools including IDE, editors, compilers, linkers, emulators, debuggers, analysis, and monitoring tools
- Good knowledge of 32-bit microcontrollers (e.g. NXP, Infineon, Renesas, etc.)
- Proficient programming experience in C language
- Proficient with CAN and related tools
- Experience with processes and configuration management tools (git, IMS, others)
- Good understanding of real-time system architecture/design, HW related SW development using microcontrollers, HW boards, PCBs
- Excellent listening and communications skills – written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Availability to travel to USA, Germany and China is desirable (short periods)
- Strong experience working with embedded software platforms
- Experience with scripting languages e.g. Python, Perl
- Experience using Vector tools
|Job Category||For Professionals|