Our Telematics product portfolio fulfills the latest 4G, 4.5G, and 5G standards and offers a wide range of attractive features to keep vehicles up-to-date and the driver connected.
With Continental’s in-house developed network access devices (NADs) and Telematics software framework, our Telematics Control Units (TCUs) are highly customizable and ready-to-use in different regions.
With high bandwidth and reduced latency, the new mobile network standard 5G offers all pre-requisites to connect vehicles in real-time. Continental is comprehensively testing Cellular V2X (Vehicle-to-Everything) to make our Telematics products ready to support predictive and autonomous driving.
A sophisticated over-the-air updates solution for multiple electronic control units in the car, as well as proven security solutions round off the attractive feature set for the next generations of Telematics products.
5G Next Generation Connectivity …
- offers major network improvements and benefits
- will be a key enabler technology for future mobility
- will allow for real-time communication between vehicles, the infrastructure and an ever-growing number of connected devices thanks to enhanced data rates, higher reliability and ultra-low response times
- will help to further increase driving safety, comfort and efficiency
5G Telematic Control Unit
- LTE, 4G, 4.5G, 5G
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac
- BT 5.x (incl. BT LE)
- Hybrid V2X (DSRC and/or C-V2X)
- eUICC SIM (e-SIM)
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Baidou
- ARM based multicore Application Processor
- Up to 64GB of eMMC memory
- Up to 8GB of LPDDR4 memory
- HSM (Hardware Security Module)
- Gbit Ethernet, CAN, USB
- Back-up Battery
Features & Benefits
- Continental Open Telematics Platform and Software Development Kit (SDK) for more flexibility
- Continental NAD (network access device)
- Advanced security options (among others Intrusion Detection)
- Application Processor w/ Linux OS
- Hardware separation using independent vehicle processor
- Over-the-air updates for multiple electronic units
- Lower latencies with next generations of mobile standards
- Enhanced security – Automatically or manually triggered emergency call (eCall) in case of serious accidents
- Localization – Vehicle tracking by GPS or GLONASS
- Scalability – Enables additional services and features such as stolen vehicle tracking, remote diagnostics, mobile phone connectivity options
You have questions or you are interested in this product and possible applications?
Our IoT Gateway is the key component to connect your sensors, devices and other elements with the Internet. Easily update your applications, devices and sensors with Internet connectivity to realize additional use cases. The product ensures access to local information from a platform anywhere, anytime.
Cyber Security & OTA Solutions
Cyber security technology safeguards systems and safety-relevant components in vehicles against hacker attacks. Together with in-house partners we are able to provide a holistic end-to-end cybersecurity solution for your system.